Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Empty Spots...


Oh, my...how I wish I was in bed right now with someone other than a pillow laying next to me. I do have to admit that it is nice to spread out across the whole bed when I get into it, but when I wake up in the morning I am in my usual "spot". It's funny how that gets pounded into your head and even when the other person isn't there you still have a way of shifting into what you're used to. The same goes with the kitchen table. C has the best spot if we want to watch something while we are eating and the kids know it too, so every once and a while they will fight over his spot so that they can see the cartoons in the morning. However, at night when it is time for us to sit down, I sit in my usual spot staring at Anthony and Olivia. It feels so empty with no one next to me, but whats funny is that C only eats dinner with us maybe 2 times a week as it is, maybe I'm just missing those 2 nights a week.

Regardless my brain is not used to all the extra space that usually gets filled up around 1 in the morning Sunday thru Thursday and 6am Friday and Saturday. Instead it stays empty with the exception of a little pupper that has grown accustomed to his "spot" she's not the same (a little hairy and has a wet nose a lot of the time) but the warmth and excitement to see me awake in the mornings is nice.

~M

No comments: