Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Has It Really Been That Long...

Wow, nearly a month since I have been on here. That's hard to believe! That's quite a dry spell isn't it. Sorry to all of my loyal fans out there. It's been pretty busy around here, with school starting and me having a second job and all. Culinary School is unfortunately being put on hold for right now. I had to put my priorities together and sadly that doesn't include school right now. I was cut down to 3 day's a week at my little office job, so I decided that it would be a good idea to get a second job. I thought that it would be funny to add that into the mix. It's definatley a change of pace and I can honestly say that my feet have been killing me ever since I started this job. I am just so not used to being on my feet for three hours straight let alone 8 hours. This job is great because you even get lunch...however you have to clock out for it. It's ok, it's better than nothing right? It's funny because my uncle has been waiting for calls from the union hall for him to take some work, and it's been really slow there as well. So he's been taking unemployment and hoping that they call him for more that a one day job. He told me that instead of working his ass off for eight hours he would rather not work that one day and take unemployment. I couldn't do that. So when I told him that I was working two jobs and that I didn't have a day off from both on the same day, that if I was off at one I was working at the other he was telling me how depressing that would be. I continued to tell him that I didn't have much of a choice...but it took everything in me to not say, "Don't you think it's more depressing not having a job at all?" I swear I wonder why people don't think about what they say sometimes. I know that some people just can't see the glass as half full but, wouldn't you rather have two part time jobs, regardless of the day's off than to not have any job at all? Oh, well we have all lost hope on this particular family member years ago, so it's just best to keep our mouths shut and avoid confrontation, just hope for the best and be thankful that we are not where he is in his life.

So as I continue my little post before beddy bye and another long day tomorrow, I bid thee fair well and hope that it doesn't take another month for me to write.

~M

No comments: