Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vacation...Day One...

We got started at about 10 am with driving to California for our little vacation. It was so nice to kiss the kids good bye and give huggies to the doggies and then be on the road. The thought of not being in town for an entire week is just too exiting. We got into Pasadena around 2 pm and went walking around Old Town like usual. At around 4 pm we decided to go looking for our hotel for the night. There were no reservations anywhere so we were just going to get the cheepest place that we could, but that was still half decent, like a Marriot or Ramada or something. We went driving around and ended up in this neighborhood with all these really nice houses. I was drooling at these things. So while we were driving around Cisco was saying how he was lost and wasn't sure where he was. I was really surprised because I have never known him to get lost anywhere in California...NEVER. So I was telling him to go back to where he came from and that I could tell him how to get back to where we were from there. Instead he went into the opening of this really nice hotel and said that he needed to turn around. I was telling him quite urgently where to make a U turn, but he didn't. Then I asked him what he was doing, he said that he was going to ask for directions. I was totally mortified and officially started freaking out, I told him that we could find our own ways back to where we started and that he needed to move around and get out of this parking lot. I didn't want these people to come up to our car and try to scoot us out and then turn around and tell them that we just needed directions. So then he took his seat belt off and told me that this was where we were going to be spending the night. I was so totally surprised. He was teasing me later, saying that I was getting all nervous about being somewhere that we just didn't fit...I started laughing but I was thinking that same thing. Yeah, I would fit in there only if I was working there. This place is so nice. I guess that not too long ago it was a Ritz Carlton, but they sold it to this other place. I have never heard of this place but it is really nice...what is even better is that it has pink accents. I LOVE IT! When we were having a drink at this place in Old Town earlier we were talking about if we should head up to San Francisco or just stay in Pasadena. Cisco was saying that if we stayed in Pasadena and woke up early that we could take the day and enjoy the views of the coast and the driving, since I have not been further up the coast than Santa Barbara. But now it all fits together...tricky, tricky.

So after I got changed and put some make up on we went to Macy's and walked around and then went to the Yard House to watch the Lakers / Celtics game. It was a great game. I had a lot of fun. So then when we got back to the room I decided to blog about it since Cisco gave me his grand permission....thanks honey. :)
Tomorrow we will be on our way to San Francisco. I can't wait to get there. Maybe I will update with day two tomorrow!

~M

1 comment:

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Yea! Vacation! So happy for you guys--able to get out of town and spend some quality time together. Enjoy it (especially that fancy place--nothing better than a nice hotel room).