Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And It's Only The Beginning...

So now it is summer break for the kids. I love them and all, but I don't think that being around them 24 hours a day is good for anyone. They get on eachothers nerves at times and mine as well. They have been coming to work with me for this past week and I have had about my fill of all day and all night with Miss O and Mr. A. Sometimes I am under the impression that they do things on purpose to get under my skin, but it's probably just me.

I don't like when they go out of town for a week at a time, but then again when they are normally here I have about 7 hours without them because they are in school. I think they need a little space as well as me. I always think about how nice it was going to be for them to be out of school because then I don't have to rush back and forth from work to school or the house to make sure they are alright, but now...

I don't want to leave them at the house alone because I don't trust them. They make huge messes and think that it is alright to eat a whole bag of Pringles and Twizzlers for lunch, and then when I come home and get on their case they look confused. I don't know if the look of confusion is from needing to hit the bathroom from all of the sugar or that they genuinely don't think they did anything wrong.

I know for sure that little walks to 7-11 or around the corner are in the near future at lunch breaks though, just to get out of the house. Everyone should know by now that I dislike the heat so much that I curse it, but I think that I will have to endure some of it just to keep my sanity.

Just feelin' a little frustrated right now and felt the need to share...:)

~M

No comments: