Sunday, September 10, 2006

Yeah Yeah I know I Should Have Been Doing Homework...

Well sure I know I should have been dilligently doing homework the past two days but I had bigger plans in the works.

The Cisco told me that he had a surprise for me a couple of weeks ago and on Friday the big day had arrived. He told me that he was taking me out but he didn't say where. On Friday morning I tried to get out of him what the surprise was and he had this look on his face that told me that the surpise was canceled. He was going to take me to the John Lennon art auction at the Hard Rock. Well the exhibit was only on Friday and Saturday, but the hours were from 11am to 7pm. He was not going to be able to get out of work until about 8:30 or 9:00 so the plans were messed up due to that.

So he told me to pick him up from work and we would still be going out because he had other plans, this call came later in the day. I was supposed to dress casual elegant. So my thought was that we were going to go to a show somewhere on the strip or to a club or something. I didn't know so it was nice.

I picked him up and we went to the Hard Rock. I couldn't figure out why we were going there because the exhibit was closed. He then told me that the Scorpions were playing a concert at the Joint and that we were going to go. I was instantly HORRIFIED!!! I had absoutely NO interest in going to see this band. But, he wanted to so I figured I better, "Stand by my man". He went to inquire about tickets and they were sold out for that night but had more for tomorrow. I was relieved, I told him we had to pick up the kids tomorrow so it would be impossible to go. Then we proceeded to leave. He then told me the real group that he wanted to get tickets for. It's Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

WTF!!! We are gonna go to that! I will make arrangements for tomorrow, I'm goin' to that! So we went back and got the tickets to go. I was so excited about going! I couldn't wait!

So on Saturday I had to take the Cisco back to work and then I went home, did some shopping, picked up Anthony. Mr. C had free tickets to go and see a Cirqe de Soile show, Delirium, that was playing at the MGM. So Anthony and I went to see that. It was pretty cool. Anthony and I went to have lunch after that and then went to the mall. After I dropped him off at my mom's house I ran home, changed, grabed Cisco's shirt he was to wear and ran out the door to pick him up. We arrived at the Hard Rock just in time, the show hadn't started yet and I was stoked!!!

This band came out and they were awesome! I loved it! Their music sounded exactly like the Beatles themselves. They replicated every single sound that was on the album! I was so excited! I screamed like someone was coming to kill me! I sang to each and every song and danced for the last one, Twist and Shout. I had so much fun! After the concert we were able to look at the items that were up for auction. It was really neat to see John Lennon's work. I would have died to be able to buy one of his pieces. I particularly wanted to by the hand written lyrics to his songs. I would have loved to have Imagine or Woman. There were som many to choose from, but they ran about $1000 and up.

I totally envied the people that were walking out of there with pieces. There was this one couple that couldn't decide on which one they wanted. So they nearly bought both. I think they decided on the more expensive one. I hated them at that point.

But needless to say the weekend should have been spent on homework since I have about 4 test's or quizzes this week, but I didn't care. I don't care if I fail all 4 it was totally worth it, I wouldn't have traded it in for anything! I love my hunny for taking me. I know that we both had an awesome time.

I have always done something really awesome for Birthday's or Anniversary's or Valentines especially. But this was "supposedly" my Birthday present, so if it was now I have to totally out do him. I think I have the perfect plan for that.

~M

1 comment:

Cisco said...

It was a good weekend, begining with the "jackpot"....All the way to the dinner at Mr Lucky's...

Best of all, was the concert with you screaming by my side....