Sunday, January 17, 2010

Done...Done...Working...Done...


So there have been a lot of things that have been accomplished in the last week or so, I'm sure a nice paycheck helped, but either way it was things that had to get done so that I wouldn't lose my mind!

We went to two bakeries and sampled cakes, we were able to decide on one of those places which was surpising and a great relief to me. I think that I was going to be overly picky about the cake. Let's face it, I know a little about cakes and I also knew what I was looking for in one as well as in a bakery. I was pleasantly surprised when we went to Little Chef's Bakery. They had a wonderful selection of cakes to chose from as well as being able to move flavorings around. The price was reasonable, however, I was willing to pay a half decent price for the cake. I didn't want to have to provide a sheet cake in the back for my guests, I just personally didn't like the idea of doing that. I felt that if I was I might as well go to WalMart and get a couple of sheet cakes and do the damn thing myself.

We put down the deposit on the reception and ceremony site. That was fun...not. It was but at the same time I thought I was going to toss my cookies in the parking lot after it was done. I think that it just hit me all at once what was going on, the money I was about to shell out for a party and the excitement and nerves of thinking about paying for MY wedding. I'm glad Cisco was there with me, I think I would have had a hard time otherwise.

When we finished there we went to go and order the Save The Dates, I felt excited to do it since we had our date locked in. I was scared to death to do it before that, I so didn't want to jinx it! They are cute, I can't wait to put them together and mail them out! Cisco and I weeded out some more of the invitations, so it left me with 4 to choose from and Olivia and her grandma came with me today to help me do that. Let's just say that at the end of Friday afternoon my brain was fried. I think I was a little snappy at Cisco. I didn't mean to but I think that I just felt like every time I got out of the car I was either writing a check or handing over my ATM card to some one, and it wasn't for a $25.00 bill either, more like a couple hundred. I think it was just the initial shock of it all though. I had just better get used to it, because it's going to be happening a lot in the very near future.

However, since I am thinking about it right at this moment I am quite glad that I have been doing everything that I have been. The following items are either done or on their way to getting done...

1. Wedding Dress - Done
2. Veil - Done
3. Jewelry - Done
4. Shoes - Done
5. Garter, Pillow, Guest Book, Flower Girl Basket - Almost Done
6. Save The Dates - Done
7. Invitations - Deposit Done
8. Venue - Deposit Done
9. Photographer picked out
10. Bakery picked out

I really do feel like I have done a lot in the little bit of time that I have been working on things. I am looking forward to not needing to owe anyone any money by the time my wedding day comes along. It's exciting...it's nerve wrecking...I'm happy. I know that it will be like a rollercoaster until the big day, with good days and moments but also with bad ones to. I think that it is just to be expected. I think that I will get through it and with a little help from God so will Cisco :-P

~M

3 comments:

Alexandre Rodrigues said...

yes

Lukas said...

Try out roblox, ill post the link up soon

Lukas said...

All the amusing castles at ROBLOX are wicked in the beatiful virtual world ROBLOX