Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just My Luck...

Well...no luck at all. I wasn't able to get the tickets and I am quite upset by it. I thought I had a pretty good plan going for a while, but aparently not. Nice goin'...I guess I should have camped out at MGM after all. Oh well, life will go on.

On a lighter note, it's almost Christmas and the phase of people being rude, pushing into one another and cutting eachother off on the streets is nearly over. I tend to hate people in general around this time of year. It's been all blown into something that it never should have become...all about the presents. That is a shame. I mean I buy gifts for everyone too, but I can also appreciate the time of year that it is and what it means, atleast in my heart. And presents are not at the core of it. I think this year instead of letting the kids just tear into things the minute that we get downstairs, I think that we will have a prayer and give thanks for the true meaning of the day itself, and then let the shredding begin. I was thinking about that today while driving home from work and I think that would be a beautiful start to the day.

Well, I'm sure that I won't write until after this holiday so Merry CHRISTMAS...not Happy Holiday's (screw that crap), and I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Much Love...

~M

1 comment:

Yummerson said...

I think that's a great idea. I think I'll start the tradition of the same. Only in our traditions we celebrate it tonight at midnight. So tonight after we give each other our hugs, I'll make sure we say a prayer.

Thanks for the idea. You're right it has become something it was never meant to be. Everyone gets lost in the gifts and not in the meaning.