Monday, January 09, 2006

I Think I Have Come A Long Way

I am now 26 years old. I definately have come a long way within the past few years. I think the biggest reason is my son. I think that makes you grow up a lot and fast. I cannot say that for everyone. I have friends that are my age or older who have kids and they are still so worried about going out and partying all weekend long.

I think that that left me right after I had my son. I knew what I was getting myself into so I let that part of my youth disapear. I still would go out every now and then, but not too much. I had fun with my son. I tried to do things that included him.

I think the relationship that I am in now made me grow up a great deal also. He is older than me and he has a daughter and I guess to me it is like having 2 kids. We go out and have our fun, but it is different than going out to a club and hanging out. Some of the most fun that we have is when we stay in when the kids are away for the weekend. I love getting dinner, having a drink and watching a movie or a show that I just love. And to watch it with him just makes it better because I have my best friend to laugh and have fun with.

My eyes have opened up to a few things this past year also. My soul has grown and I can "see the light at the end of the tunnel". I think that is good, it is sad to think about how old I am now only because I don't see myself this age. I never thought that I would be this age. I don't know why. I am happy, atleast I am not confused anymore.

Every decision used to be so easy. Now I have to think how it is going to effect myself, my little "family", or others around me that I care about. Like when I had to decide whether to quit my job at a big hotel and go to a small business or to stay. Those decisions used to be so easy. If I wanted to quit a job I would just leave. Now I have to think about how much money I am going to make, and what kind of health insurance I am going to be getting. What a headache sometimes.

It is all worth it though. I don't think I would ever change the decisions I have made. I am proud of the life that I lead and I also lead it with joy. I think that is something that not everyone can say. I am proud to be able to tell people that.

No comments: