Saturday, January 28, 2006

First Week

It has been a while since I last posted but the computer of choice is not compatible with this site for some reason. I started the spring semester this past Monday and am happy that I did so in spite of all of the homework that I have encountered. I know that there is going to only be more and more, but in a way I look forward to it. It will keep me busy and out of trouble.... I hope.

I hear so many horror stories from friends and aquaintences about the professors that they had and to STAY AWAY from them and their hateful practices. I can knock on wood that so far in my college career I have not come across any such caracters. I have enjoyed my teachers so far. Even if I had one that was out for blood I think that I would merge with the shadows and keep out of the way of hateful comments and bad grades.

I wonder (but hope not) if I will ever be in the presence of such an individual. I hope that I won't but I think that it is inevitable. I will be in school for atleast another two or three years and I'm sure the scenerio will appear. For those that have encountered such a thing over and over again with rescue or resolve my appologies. I think that there are just some people (professors and teachers) that expect so much out of their students that it makes it hard for the student to measure up. Not that they don't want to but becuase it is impossible. These teachers / professors seem to think that everyone (students) should be able to achieve the same grades and habits as they once did. That is so far from the way things are.

Eventhough I have only completed the first week I have high hopes and great expectations for myself and my classes. I hope that I am not let down. M

No comments: