Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just Keep Going...Just Keep Going...


So since my last post I've been running, walking briskly, running up hills at the park and playing outside with the kids more. I know that it hasn't been a full week, I think I am one day shy but I thought I would check in like I promised.

I am feeling so good about myself since I promised myself a new lease on life. I go out and do something everyday, with only Sunday as my day off. I run, not real fast but I do it the best I can and as far and often as I can to help build some endurance. I went with Cisco the other day and I thought that I was going to die. I'm glad that he went because I wouldn't have pushed myself that hard or far. Now I know that I can go as far as we did running and make it. I just have to try for a little further each time I go. The only problem is the turn around the corner from where we stopped was uphill from there, I guess that's my next challenge, running uphill.

Today I am going to buy a new scale the one we have is a piece of junk. I weighed myself in the morning and it said 215 and later on in the day I did it again and it said 212.5. It's a miracle you can lose 3.5 pounds in one day! So since the scale cannot give me an accurate reading I'm going to buy one that can. I can't go to the gym everyday to weigh myself.

My challenge right now is eating smaller portions of food at a sitting. I don't eat a lot right now as it is, but I would like to cut the portion size in half. I have to learn to eat 6 small healthy meals each day instead of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Which is pretty much what I'm doing now, and then eating fruit or yogurt in between. I found this really great website www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate it's great, you can keep track of all your calories, your workout sessions, water you take in everyday, it's just got everything. You put in your weight and your weight loss goal for the week and it gives you how many calories that you should be having each day to achieve that goal. A friend of mine also said that there is an application for iPhone on there too, for those of you that have one.

It's been a challenging week, Cisco and the kids have been great about not letting me give any excuses for not going out there and at least taking a walk everyday and I'm so happy that they are doing that. I haven't had an ounce of fast food since I posted last week either, and my soda intake has drastically dropped (mostly because when I drink it I get headaches or don't feel too good after). So all in all I think I am off to a good start, now I just have to keep it up. I'm going to take it one week at a time and before I know it I will be there.

~M

No comments: