Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ode To An Oven...


Oh bearer of heavenly goodness...I am so happy that you are just now returning to my life. I am so happy that you have come to bring joy into our home once again. So many times I have heard the cries of the children yearning for the yummy baked goodness of treats or bubbly dinners fresh out of your womb, and now that dream has come true.....I FINALLY GOT MY FREAKIN' OVEN!

I am so excited! It arrived on Monday and I christened it with Lasagna and made a Pecan Pie. Last night I decided to polish up my cake baking skills and lets just say they were a little rusty. Just a little bit mind you. For those of you that did not know of my oven sadness, I have been without one for nearly two years. I was always using the damn thing. I have never really known an oven to go out before. I mean my mom's is older than ours was and it still worked, but low and behold my bad fortune to have a finicky one in my presence. Oh well though it's over and I am back to using it all the time. I have to pick up many supplies to fill up the pantry so that I may resume my cake and treat baking skills. They have been put a damper on since I didn't have an oven to use. When I was hard up during the holiday's I would use my mom's. However, if you have never had to truck all of your materials as well as the finished project 15 minutes away then you will not be able to appreciate my aggravation over the whole ordeal. Not to mention trying to work in someone else's kitchen. They don't have the same things you do, so you are not used to their hand held mixer as opposed to your standing mixer. Or the fact that you don't know where every little thing is so that it is only a mere whistle away.

So yay! Heaven has returned to my little Kitchen!

~M

1 comment:

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

So glad you can bake again! It must be a relief!