Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Return from a Slight Paradise...


So Anthony, Olivia, my mom, Step-dad and myself took off to California last weekend. It was nice to get out of this desert for the weekend...I was wishing that I had taken my own car by the time we were half way there but it was still nice.

There is a client that we are building a home for that has a townhome in Marina Del Rey that is a stone throw away from the water. This home is just absolutely beautiful. I didn't know what to do with myself when I got there, well I did because it was about 11:00pm, so after taking a short tour of the four story home I was ready to find my bedroom and call it a night.



We went to Santa Monica on one of the days that we were there, for the most part the sun never came out to visit, so it was a hard decision to not go to the beach the whole time that we were there. It was too bad though because we took bathing suits and sand toys for the kids to play with. Anthony and Olivia went with my step-dad to the beach when my mom and I decided to go shopping so atleast they got to go for a little while. Quite honestly the trip was a total bore up until about Saturday only because my parents took us to California with only one plan...SeaWorld on Sunday. Other than that it was driving around with nowhere in particular in mind.

We did go to dinner at a very nice place on Friday night...that turned out to be a fun night. We took turns being very silly for most of the night after that...
my mom thought that there was something wrong with us but I think that the Champagne kicked in for me and the sugar rush from the sodas worked their magic on the kids...


We went for a late night stroll on the beach and Anthony and I decided to get wet...really wet Anthony had to remove his clothes before we went walking back to the house because he was so wet, that water wasn't very warm either. I was wishing I had another change of clothes when I was done because of how wet I was. I was a little scared that there was going to be something wrapping around my foot or ankle since I was waist deep in the ocean water. It was so beautiful that night though...there was no wind and you could see straight down the beach and even see the lights of the ferris wheel on the Santa Monica Pier. I loved it and was wishing that we were spending another night there because I would have loved to go to the ocean again at 9:00 in the evening. We took turns riding up and down in the elevator that is in the home that we stayed in and ate our desserts that we got from the Farmers Market near the La Brea Tar Pits.
We went to the Rose Gardens near USC and to the Natural History Museum also...

that was the neatest museum that I had been to, atleast the neatest kid friendly one!We left early in the morning to go to SeaWorld and that was a miserable day only because of the weather...cold and slightly rainy. It was ok later in the day because the sun would play peek a boo every once and a while, but we rode the two water rides that they have and then after that we had to buy whole new outfits because we were just soaked. The kids had to buy sandals because their shoes were just filled to the brim with water. SeaWorld was nice to go to, I wish I would have been able to see everything because I hadn't been there since I was five. We stayed the night in San Diego and then the next morning after breakfast it was back home we went. Just something to remind those with kids...don't leave them unsupervised with a camera in the back seat of the car...this is what happens...46 pictures of this!

When I get around to posting these to flicker I will share all of them with you...my friends...till then...
~M

1 comment:

Cisco said...

I like the picture widget....