Saturday, March 24, 2007

Love...



So I took Anthony on his belated birthday present...to go and see "Love" at the Mirage. It was a little late, but better late than never. I surprised him with it, he thought that we were going to dinner instead, but then I went to pick up my tickets and he was so happy. I was just as excited as he was I had been wanting to go and see this show ever since I had heard that it was going to be coming here.

I was hoping that we would be going for my birthday, no such luck. During that time the show was dark so we missed out on that little adventure. I think I could go and see that show about a hundred times.



Now in my ever so humble opinion I have decided that this show has been the best one that I have seen on the Strip so far. The only one that I haven't really seen yet has been "O", but now that I have seen "Love" and I have a deep sense of "Love" for this show it's gonna be a hard show to beat. I think that the love that I have for the Beatles music certainly helps with me liking this show as much as I did. It was very hard for me to hold back tears when the show started as well as with certain parts of the show.

I think liking the Beatles started when I was little by listening to their music with my dad. Then it just intensified when I started seeing Cisco, but when I took my History of the Beatles class at CCSN that is when the love with the Beatles began. Being able to learn all about the history of their band and all of their personalities and being able to connect in that way deepened my feelings for this foursome.

I received the "Love" soundtrack for Christmas and I think I nearly burned a hole into it I have listened to it so much, but it was funny because I was able to sing along the whole time during the show, knowing every pause and riff. It was fun.

I do have to say we sat in the balcony and personally I think that was the best place because you could see everything. The theater is fairly small and very intimate so anywhere you sit is good, but I think up on the second level is better.

I hope everyone has a chance sometime to see this show, especially if you enjoy the Beatles music, and Cirque Du Soleil.



~M

4 comments:

Cisco said...

I can't wait to gosee it.

Cisco said...

go see it. Not Goose it.

Monique Rielle said...

I love the pic of you and Anthony!

Ms. Marie said...

Thanks!