Saturday, November 14, 2009

Proud To Be A Fan...


It's been a really long time since I have written anything on here, mostly because I just didn't have any interest in writing anything, or had much to write about. The usual things have been going on, no work in the construction industry, kids going to school and getting big, and having dogs. The only things that are fairly new is that my brother is getting married and I'm going to be an official aunt in Feburary. I'm excited for that...but most of all about a two months ago I was informed that I would be an employee of the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. I'm so excited. There are only 450 employees and I am one of them...one out of 32,000 that tried to have an interview and work for this company. So far so good. This is the best company that I have worked for so far and if it keeps going the way I think it will then it will be a place that I will retire from. All of the managers that I have spoken to such as the the Room Service Manager have been working for the company for a fairly short amount of time, but have moved up quite quickly. I think this is due to the property being small and they recognize their employees, better than what I can say for other corporate places. I'm so excited for the opening that we have coming up very soon. December 5 is the big day. We've been so busy doing things around the hotel like setting up the rooms, and so much training. I don't think I've done so much in my whole life, but I think it's all going to be worth it.

I've been working 6 days and an average of 8-9 hours a day. It's rough, going from having a schedule that I could make on my own and having time off when I wanted it. I think that it will all come together and I will get used to it, I work graveyard and that is something that I will definately have to get used to doing again. But for the most part I'm happy and proud to be working for such a great place. I can't wait till it's all finished.

~M

No comments: