Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Proud To Be A Witness..


...to history. I am so proud to be able to say I watched as history was made on November 4, 2008. I will always remember that I was sitting in my living room watching and felt an enormous sense of awe as Obama gave his speech. I think this election was particularly important because our country is in such bad shape and I do not think that John McCain had a lot going for him because of that. Bush turned this country upside down and it is a real shame. Obama was right when he said it's going to be tough but things will get back on track. I am so glad to see that our country is not going to be run by Republicans for another 4 years. I think we now have a real chance to make things right. To all my friends who say they are moving to Canada I only have this to say, hope you send a post card.

It just baffles me to hear people say how good Bush did, or that this cannot all be blamed on him. Uh, someone drank the tainted punch. I just don't know how someone can look me in the face and say that things aren't as bad as everyone has put them out to be. Uh, yeah they are. I don't think that before this year I had ever seen one house that was being auctioned off, let alone 5 or 6 in one neighborhood alone. We are now in a recession regardless of what others may believe and what's worse is that we were led into a war under false pretenses and we as a country have had to suffer because of it. It's a real shame, but hopefully the end of embarrassment is near.

I did not only vote for the Obama / Biden ticket because I'm a Democrat, but because I was not about to have another idiot near the White House and yes I mean Sarah Palin. When considering things a sad but very real thought ran through my head. If something should happen to Obama could I as an American trust Biden to be our President, and the answer was yes. Now when I asked myself the same question with McCain I did not get the same answer. I was down right scared at the thought of this woman from Alaska of all places becoming our next president, should McCain die. I mean the woman didn't even know what the VP's role is with the Senate...come on.

I am at peace now knowing that we as a nation have a very real chance of getting out of this mess that Bush got us into and it will be a wonderful thing when we do start to see some real CHANGE.

~M

No comments: