Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Mommy...


I've been sitting here at work today, trying to work but finding it hard. My mama is at the hospital for something that we don't know anything about yet, and we all know that when I can't concentrate at home or at work I usually blog about it to help me feel better.

I came into work yesterday and she was telling me that she had some bad pain in her chest around her ribs, but on the right side of her chest and back. So we both assumed that it was gas, because with the way she describing it sounded exactly like what I have had before, a pain that just takes your breath away. Well after a couple of hours of her feeling like this I was convinced that it was not pesky gas bothering her. She nearly cried when she would try to sit down and she couldn't be moved without being in pain. So later on in the after noon Rick told her that he was going to take her to the hospital to get checked out, since the winner of a doctor that they have told him that he would have to bring her in on Monday because that was the earliest appointment that they had (I hate doctors, and their receptionists). So they went. I called later that evening to see if they found anything out and Rick said that they think that she may have a blood clot in or around her lungs, because of the pain and pressure when breathing. I was really worried then, just hoping that if that was what it was that they found out for sure very quickly so that they could do something about it. Later that night Rick called back and said that it wasn't a blood clot and that her tests all came back normal, she was on morphine and they were going to keep her for the night and then do a stress test in the morning on her heart and see what that came back as.

So now it's the next day, and my mama called me to say hello and to tell me that she is feeling a little bit better, she still has the pressure on her chest and they did the stress test, but they have not come back with the results yet.

So now it is just a waiting game to see what those tests have brought back. Hopefully it's nothing bad and she will be coming home tonight.

~M

No comments: