Friday, December 01, 2006

Birthday Wishes...

Well the day has come and past...and looking back the day after it was better than I even wrote in my previous blog.

I didn't wake up to tons of post it notes around the house telling me Happy Birthday or I Love You...but I did wake up to the Cisco telling me Happy Birthday 27 times and smothering me with kisses and hugs that morning.

I didn't have a cup of Decaf Vanilla Latte from Starbucks waiting for me in the morning either...but I had a wonderful cup of hot coffee the Cisco made me entirely out of love, it even came in a "You are Special Today" mug.

I did go to work with my little crown perched on top of my head. I even went to school with it on. I think I wore it all day until I got home that night.

I did go to work and have a wonderful breakfast made entirely for me from Olivia.

I had a special breakfast that Anthony made me later that day too!

I didn't get my birthday card that morning but I did get two really cute E-Cards from the Cisco and from my bestest friend.

I was serenaded by Olivia's school choir with Christmas music when I attended the best concert of the year.

I didn't get flowers delivered to work but I was surprised with them sitting on the counter at home when I walked in the door.

I also got to indulge in a wonderful Cappachino cake with only three candles instead of the horrifying 27 that would have burned down the house.

I had one of the funniest birthday cards that I have ever had in my life from my love and two custom made cards from my kids.

I received a present that was totally unexpected...a past, present and future ring from my hunny.

I had a wonderful birthday, the week was full of travel, shows, love and happiness. I think it was the best birthday that I have ever had and it is a birthday that I will cherish till the end of time. Even if I didn't get any of those things I know that I have the love of my family, kids, and hunny around me all of the time. Material things can't beat that, even though I really like what I got for my birthday, it makes me happy to know that I am loved like that.

Here's to growing wiser, smarter and happier...not older.

~M

3 comments:

Cisco said...

Congratulations! You have finally graduated into

Life lessons
Wisdom 101.

Prerequisites-Hard Lessons 1 through 26.
and a letter of recomendation from an older aquaintance-- Parents are not allowed to write recomendation.

Rhodaline said...

hi there..belated happy birthday =)

running_half_free said...

I'm happy for you...