Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Full Of...

F~U~N!

Yes, this weekend was indeed a long one. It came time to throw Anthony and Olivia their Halloween Party that I had promised since last year. It was indeed something spectacular to witness. There weren't too many kids there which made it more wonderful.

I spent nearly all night on Friday cutting, choping, baking, and rolling food for party trays and desserts. Decorating the house was fun too. It was all prety much done because when October rolled around I had to decorate the house anyway. My mom bought a fog machine and I bought two and a half dozen of black and orange balloons. The house looked great. The kids had pumpkins to decorate (foam and glitter glue) while they waited for the rest of the herd to come along to the party.

We played a cotton ball game where you are blindfolded and have to scoop up the cotton balls with a spoon and put them into the bucket on top of your head. This game is one that I usually see at baby showers but it was fun here. The kids loved it. Anthony won that one.

The other game is always a favorite, kind of, musical chairs. My brother was the DJ for that one. It was fun, but there was tears from one little girl. She was out right away. I felt really bad and wished that we hadn't played, but I thought that since the kids were older they would be able to handle not winning a game. I guess I underestimated. One of Olivia's little friends won that game.

Another was Hot Pumpkin, which is exactly like hot potato but with a pumpkin. My brother was the DJ for that one also. This game also ended in tears for the 2nd place winner. Another one of Olivia's friends won that one.

Haunted Hunt was fun, thanks to the help of my love painting last year's Easter Eggs Black and Orange at 1am. I filled the eggs with candy and some with a piece of paper for prizes. This game was fun. Everyone had fun with it. Nearly everyone got a little prize to take home...including the pumpkin buckets that I bought everyone to hunt with. This was a real treat the kids had a ton of fun opening their eggs to find things in them.

The last game was a popcorn kernal toss. The kids had to try and get as many popcorn kernals in a cup as possible. This was a pain because then you had to count the kernals. I don't think that we will be playing that game next year. Another one of Olivia's little friends won that one too!

We all had a ton of fun. My only regret is that I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to, it was hard because I was trying to run all of the games. I should have made someone in charge of the camera while I did it all. Next year will be even better...I want to do some kind of haunted house thing that isn't too scary. I think that I will have it go on a little bit later like 4 instead of 3pm. It will be fun because each year you get more and more stuff to make it better. It will be fun when the kids are in Jr. High to do something, especially the haunted house thing. Older kids love that kind of stuff!

~M

2 comments:

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Sounds totally fun! I saw some pictures on Francisco's blog and the decorations looked great!

Ms. Marie said...

THANKS! It was hard putting all of that stuff together. I have to get the pictures developed from the party to show the whole house. It was definatly work because of School and work. But the kids had fun, even the grown ones (Jack, Julie and Sandy)! Maybe you and Seseme Seed can come next year!

~M