Tuesday, April 01, 2008

To Be Or Not To Be...

A bit vegetarian. So my darling son decided a few months ago that it was mean to eat Piggies. So I stopped fixing bacon, pork chops, pork loin, sausage, etc. And only cooked Chicken, Fish, lots of Turkey and occasionally Beef. There were several choices when cooking dinner so I didn't mind the slight change in menu. Then a couple of weeks after that Anthony was talking to his grandpa and eating a hamburger and his grandpa decided to ask him, "so you don't eat piggies because they are cute? Well don't you know where hamburgers come from, you eat cows and chickens and turkeys too you know...do you think that they are cute?" Anthony stopped eating and said that he would not be eating chicken, pork, turkey or beef. So it has been nothing short of a challenge to think of what to make for dinners.

To keep it short...I gave up. I found this fake soy or tofu chicken and make it for Anthony in conjunction with what we are eating for dinner. He didn't like the tofu concoction that I made one night and neither did I. It was pretty gross. I do have to think of better ways to include protein and soy into his diet without it tasting horrible.

He has not really come to the realization that becoming a true vegatarian would include not eating eggs, cheese, fish or drinking dairy products. I think that it is good that he does want to do something good for himself and his fellow furry friends, but he is a bit young and still growing to cut out those things and I can't cook him fish every night. So I have to come up with some recipes and ideas for food that don't include the meats that he refuses to eat. I put chicken on his tostada one night when we had them and he scraped off the chicken and just ate the beans and veggies. That was the last time that I tried to talk him into eating the things that he refuses, because it won't do any good.

So if anyone has any recipes or can give me some pointers PLEASE let me know. I would even be willing to leave my e-mail address so that you can send them. I am desprate. I don't know what to do, my tofu recepies suck! LOL...:)

~M

1 comment:

Summer Ryan Doyle said...

Do you have my email? We should talk. Send me a line and I'll give you all the pointers I can think of.